According to Argentinian law, the spouse, child or parent of Argentine citizens (naturalized or by birth) receive an instant right for permanent residence in Argentina. In addition, spouse, child or parent of Argentines by birth can apply to the court for Argentine citizenship instantly. In other words, if you are spouse, child or parent of Argentinian citizen you can apply for permanent residency immediately. And if you are spouse, child or parent of Argentinian citizen who obtained his/her citizen in a naturalized way, then you have to wait two years to apply for the citizenship. However, if you are spouse or Argentinian citizen who was by born in Argentina, then you can apply for the citizenship immediately.
Due to the fact that Same-sex marriage in Argentina has been legal since July 22, 2010, the option of obtaining Argentine citizenship through marriage is the most accessible option for foreigners from all over the world.
Permanent residence in Argentina can be obtained by all holders of a residence permit in Argentina, non-residents of MERCOSUR who have lived in the country for more than three years. Permanent residence in Argentina can be obtained by employees of embassies, consulates or international organizations living in Argentina for more than three years. In addition, refugees receive the right to permanent residence in Argentina if, during their stay in Argentina, they had a child, they married a citizen or resident of Argentina, or lived in the country in the status of temporary residents for more than three years.
– Identification Document. Usually this is your International Passport. It needs to be translated by an official translator in Argentina and certified by a collegium of translators.
– Birth or Marriage certificate. Which of the two documents you need depends on the basis for legalization.
— Police Clearance Certificate in Argentina. It can be obtained from a special department of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Argentina.
– Confirmation of non-conviction from your Home Country and other countries where you have spent more than 1 year in total over the past three years.
– An entry stamp to Argentina. This is usually the Argentina entry stamp you have in your passport.
– Certificate of Residence, means That you phisically reside in Argentina. It will be issued at the nearest police station. Or you can bring an Argentinean gas, water or electricity bill on your name.
– Payment Confirmation. This is the permanent residency payment paid to Government through bank. You can pay with a bank card through the RADEX system or phisically at the bank.