Argentina PR by Argentine Family Member

You can apply for a ARGENTINIAN PERMANENT RESIDENCY if you are the spouse, child or parent of a native Argentine citizen.

Permanent Residency via Argentine Citizen Family Member

According to Argentinian law,  the spouse, child or parent of Argentine citizens (naturalized or by birth) receive an instant right for permanent residence in Argentina. In addition, spouse, child or parent of Argentines by birth can apply to the court for Argentine citizenship instantly. In other words, if you are spouse, child or parent of Argentinian citizen you can apply for permanent residency immediately. And if you are spouse, child or parent of Argentinian citizen who obtained his/her citizen in a naturalized way, then you have to wait two years to apply for the citizenship. However, if you are spouse or Argentinian citizen who was by born in Argentina, then you can apply for the citizenship immediately.

Due to the fact that Same-sex marriage in Argentina has been legal since July 22, 2010, the option of obtaining Argentine citizenship through marriage is the most accessible option for foreigners from all over the world.

PR via Argentine Resident Family Member

Permanent residence in Argentina can be obtained via all holders of a residence permit in Argentina, non-residents of MERCOSUR who have lived in the country for more than three years. Permanent residence in Argentina can be obtained by employees of embassies, consulates or international organizations living in Argentina for more than three years. In addition, refugees receive the right to permanent residence in Argentina if, during their stay in Argentina, they had a child, they married a citizen or resident of Argentina, or lived in the country in the status of temporary residents for more than three years.

Required Documents:

1.- Identity Documents(International Passport)

2.- Birth Certificate Apostilled and Translated

3.- Argentine Criminal Record Certificate issued by the National Registry of Recidivism or the Federal Police (Only required for those over 16 years of age).

4.- Certificate that reliably certifies that there are no previous convictions or pending criminal proceedings, issued by the competent authorities of the countries where you have resided for a period of more than ONE (1) year, during the course of the last THREE (3) years, (Only required to over 16 years).

5.- Stamp of entry to the country stamped on the travel document.

6.- Certificate of Address or a bill from a public service in your name (ABL, electricity, water or gas).

7.- Proof of document demonstrating the relation to Argentinian citizen or Permanent Resident